7.09.2009

Deaf and Dumb--Part 2

My omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent Lord must be either a myth or a relic of the past…such a notion only comes from a fallen world, from broken hearts. All the same, I am grateful to such outspoken thinkers as Philip Pullman.

My dear reader, please reexamine the excerpts quoted earlier. Read them aloud. Speak the words as if these are your own thoughts.

Is it only those who have not surrendered their hearts to the Most High who question the immutability of his nature and authority? Am I Above Reproach? If I can brave the terror of my own heart and mind, I risk discovering that I hold much the same perspective toward God: I, a believer, also face the temptation of presuming God has changed, has lessened.

*******
I decided that I should give you some time to explore this idea with the Lord before we proceed. I look forward to discussing specific areas in which I personally wrestle with this tendency. And I look forward to hearing your thoughts and/or struggles, as well! Much love and many prayers, dear reader.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So True.

Anonymous said...

But I'm not fighting anything; I'm just sticking it out. I make sure I never say anything controversial or anything that hints at something. I'm not fighting anything, I'm just protecting myself. How am I fighting anything or doing the Lord's will when I'm just waiting for things to pass? :(

not4myself said...

Standing firm is a *huge* part of fighting. At the risk of sounding narcissistic, you might reread the follow-up comment under "Heavy Lies."
There's a distinction between waiting and active waiting.
I think I can safely say you are actively waiting. Sometimes we fail--we become passive or run away. Sometimes we "want to;" sometimes we can only "want to want to." But the Lord delights in refining us, honing us, building endurance into us. He knows when the desire of your heart is for Him. And He rejoices over you.
Think on this: as far as our written record go, Jesus did not stick out at all between age 12 and age 30. If the Perfect Lamb needed such a period of time to prepare, what should that say about us?

(see Anonymous by Alicia Britt Chole)